There are some great color picker plugins out there, but most cater to the needs of techies and designers, providing complicated controls to access every color imaginable.
Pick-a-Color is designed to be easy for anyone to use. The interface is based on Twitter Bootstrap styles so it looks lovely with the styles of almost any site.
- Flexible text entry: Accepts HEX, RGB, HSL, HSV, HSVA, and names, thanks to Brian Grinstead's amazing Tiny Color library.
- Saved colors: Saves up to 16 recently used colors. Colors are stored in localStorage or cookies.
- Advanced: Advanced tab lets users modify hue, saturation, and lightness to make any color their hearts desire.
- Basic color palette: Easy-to-use preset colors that can be lightened and darkened.
- Chunky mobile styles: Dragging is easy, even on a touch device.